Just Call Me Madam...

MADAME CJ WALKER

As an Entrepreneur, you become somewhat isolated.  Once you take yourself off of the plantation, you no longer have the throng of people that you work with.  It definitely is a great contrast to the job scene.  I had to take my 10 year old granddaughter "Heaven" to her performance for Black History Month at her school and it made me think.  I realized that as an Entrepreneur, I don't get a lot of the social components of "having a job" i.e. office parties, holiday parties and events. I really did appreciate seeing all of the children remembering their roots and performing at Heaven's Elementary School.  It truly warmed my heart.  Since then I was thinking about what I have to say about Black History, especially since I am in entrepreneurial solitude now.  I then realized, I AM BLACK HISTORY.  I created NEW BEIN' Enterprises, a business whose clientele are primarily Black People.  I stand firmly and squarely on the shoulders of Madame CJ Walker...virtually.  I make HAIR CARE PRODUCTS for "our" hair textures, I create HAIR JEWELRY and HAIR ACCESSORIES for "our" coiled and spiraled hair textures.  And so...I celebrate Black History everyday.  I live for being and becoming a living example of Black Herstory.  If I truly succeed perhaps I can be a living Legend of Black History (like Madam).  Certainly I would want to be a Millionairess...like Madam.  The Avon Lady and Mary Kay  surely took on being like her!  Equally if not more importantly, Madame was a Social Activist and Philanthropist.  Her boldness and audacity  was mind boggling...especially for her time.  Madame Walker...walked the walk, 360 degrees.
So today, on this auspicious "last day of Black History Month", (which I find really funny; one month to try to stuff our Greatness into...anyway) I wanted to pay homage to my personal heroine, MADAME CJ WALKER. In her Spirit, I created a video about what "New Bein' stands for."  Please check it out on my website @ www.newbein.com and share it with all my nap...dap...sistas...and brothas...
 visit Madame CJ Walkers official website @ Madam CJ Walker's Official website

and as always...Stay BeYouTFull!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tyrannized by What? You wouldn’t believe.